Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Off the Runway: Dsquared2 Spring 2011

It seems that BFJ and I have both been either uninspired or very busy lately which explains the a-little-more-than-a-week hiatus. Well, for me it's both.

That is until I came across this collection by Dsquared2!
(I don't get their name. Kind of redundant don't you agree? Must learn about it next time.)

The duo behind the name just released their Spring 2011 collection. And it is just awesome! You must see for yourself...


The first look seemed so light and just oh-so-perfect for summer.
What instantly sold me to this collection is that stark-white dress; freshness, clean lines and sophistication.

One would notice the schoolboy theme that the twins had going for this collection; lace-ups with socks, cardis, huge glasses and straw hats yes?


Sleek, tailored pieces abound and note the luscious leather pieces.


The collection ended with glamorous black-and-white pieces that surely brought about ooh's and ahh's (at least in my case).

My current fascination with bows was very satisfied with that last one for sure. Oh, and leather and lace-ups, too!
What's not to like about this collection?
And we here in the tropics, what with the global warming and all, experience summer all year-round so we are free to wear these kinds of looks whenever we want. :D


runway photos from style.com


0 comments: